The slogan "At the heart of Istanbul" is suitable for a university like Bahcesehir University (BAU)... With its main campus on the edge of the Bosporus in Besiktas each day begins early with rapid mobility and continues throughout the day. Moreover, it is possible to encounter an event at almost every part of the university.
The first thing that will strike your eye when you enter our university will be the large number of foreign students. From the United States to China, from France to South Korea from a wide geographical area extending over a thousand foreign students are studying at BAU. When asked why they prefer BAU we always receive the same answer: "The central location and international power." BAU’s location is apparent. In order to understand the international collaborations of our university, a short tour of our campus or website would be sufficient.
"The World is My Campus" provides BAU students with a chance to receive education from very different points. BAU is able to achieve this through Berlin, Toronto, Washington DC, Hong Kong, Rome, Silicon Valley and Boston campuses and academic centers. "BAU Abroad" allows students to continue their education in campuses overseas and provides all support related to the programs.
You have the opportunity to take a course in your department in Istanbul, Berlin, Rome or Washington DC campuses. Also towards the end of each academic year you have the chance to apply for BAU’s summer abroad programs. For example, in New York you can study the field of media and communications, in Washington DC you can study political communication, technology is at the heart of digital media and marketing in Silicon Valley and we are opening a training program in Hong Kong focusing on business and innovation. Moreover, BAU’s summer abroad program is not only for our own students, but is open to students from all over the world!
Transportation to BAU is quite easy. We provide free shuttle service to our students and scholars with out own boats between our two campuses located in the heart of Istanbul, Besiktas and Galata. Our boats depart from an area that we give the name BAUPORT. It is an area that is fully allocated for use by our students with greenery and an exquisite view of the Bosporus. Our boats depart at certain times of the day from our own pier and this allows for a pleasant journey between our campuses in Besiktas and Galata. Thus, students stay away from the busy Istanbul traffic and enjoy the ocean and its fresh air while transitioning from campus to campus. Our campus in Galata specializes in the Communication faculty’s work in new media. Tablet publishing in digital media, digital game based learning of the news from the studio to the desk and many other workshops are available in Galata.
- Our University consists of 8 Faculties and 3 Vocational School
- 4 Institutes provides post graduate education.
- 17.048 registered student study at our universit
- The number of undergraduate students is 10.137.
- The number of graduate students is 4716.
- The number of associate degree students is 1072.
- 1047 academician lecture in our University.
- 506 administrative personnel work in out university
- There are 4 campuses in Istanbul.
- The number of our international partners is more than 193
- Our university provides more than 100 programs.
- Bahçeşehir University Library, which is established on 1.400 meter square field renders service with 250.000 publications,books and electronic books.
- 5 different café and restaurant renders service in campus.
- The aim of Bahçeşehir University is to take its place at the top 500 universities list by the year 2023 when we will celebrate the 100th anniversary of our Republic.
- The total audience capacity of the conference halls is 1000.
- Bahçeşehir University was given the “Superbrands of Turkey” award in 2007.
- BahçeşehirUğur Educational Institutions owns 35 kindergarten, 18 elementary and 47 high schools, and 177 private educational centers in Turkey.
- Approximately 5000 lecturer works for Bahçeşehir-Uğur Educational Institutions.
Tuition fee for undergraduate international students registered in 2015-2016 academic year: 7900 USD per year including taxes. It will remain constant throughout your study at BAU.
Only for Medicine School, the cost of tuition for international students is 25,000$ per year. Partial scholarships may be available based on the final interview.
Preparatory school students are considered as undergraduate students
Tuition fee for Graduate International students registered in 2015-2016 academic year: 12.000 USD for all program including taxes. Students can pay it in 3 installments.
Tuition fee for PHD International students registered in 2015-2016 academic year: 40.000 TL for all program including taxes. Students can pay it in 3 installments.”
Please note: accommodation, meal, transportation, school supplies are not included in the fee.
Bahçeşehir Campuses & Accommodation
The University is located in the cetner of İstanbul, sharing a close proximity to all sorts of public transportation.The Yurdum Student Houses have four different dormitories in close distance from The BAU campus. One of the dormitories is within walking distance and others are located 15 minutes from campus by bus.
The dormitories have a capacity of 289 students. Students can either stay in single, double or trible rooms in a flat. In the flats there are 24 hours security, wireless connection, laundry, full equipped kitchens, camera control system, plasma TVs, safe boxes, phones.
Search and apply!