|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Study language||combined Turkish/English|
|Tuition fee||$12,000.00 per year|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
1. Passport (personal information page)
2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
4. English language proficiency test results if available.
5. Statement of Motivation – You will be asked to prepare an essay explaining why you want to attend Özyeğin University and what your goals are. This essay should not be longer than two pages. It can be prepared as a “Word” or “PDF” document, which you will upload. (Strong “Motivation letter” will increase your chance of getting a scholarship or even increase it)*** The soft copies of the original documents and their translated versions need to be uploaded together.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated
English language proficiency test results if available.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Distinguished faculty members who are experts in their respective disciplines,
A modern and in-depth curriculum that provides a broad understanding of the fundamental rules of law and laws in force,
A vast array of electives facilitating interdisciplinary studies to respond to new developments
Theory, practice and research focused instruction,
A new instruction system with tracks to allow students specialize not only in their degree programs but also in their areas of interest and other required fields,
An education system encouraging students not only to learn but to constantly ask questions and seek solutions as a mental activity and a life style choice,
During the freshman year, students are introduced to the study of law through the basic courses such as Introduction to Law, Constitutional Law, Civil Law and Roman Law. These courses provide an in-depth understanding of the concepts such as rule of law, code of conduct, justice, order and sanction. The fundamentals of dogmatic law are covered. Students are also introduced to Private Law and Public Law through the Civil Law and Constitutional Law courses.
During the sophomore year, students are acquainted with professional and technical law through the courses on Criminal Law, Law of Obligations, Administrative Law, and Public International Law. Blending theory and practice together, these courses offer students an opportunity to put their knowledge into practice. Thus students gain a holistic understanding of the laws in force and their execution.
During the junior year, students are offered courses on Special Provisions of Criminal Law, Special Provisions of Law of Obligations, Property Law, Law of Civil Procedure, Commercial Law, General Public Law, Philosophy of Law, and Sociology. The junior year courses prepare students to their future tracks in which they will specialize. Students are also offered courses on how to start and manage a business during their junior year.
The senior year curriculum is comprised of the Criminal Procedure Law, Execution and Bankruptcy Law, Maritime Commercial Law, Private International Law, Law of Inheritance, Labor and Social Security Law courses. With the senior year curriculum, students complete the basic courses on Private Law and Public Law.
Attorneys at Law: Faculty of Law graduates can work as an attorney at law upon completing their one-year internship.
Judges and Prosecutors: Qualified graduates who pass the Judge and Prosecutor Exam can serve as a Judge or a Prosecutor upon completing a two-year internship.
Senior Public Service Administrators such as Governors, Local Administrators
Other Roles in All Levels in the Public and Private Sector