|Nominal duration||2 years (120 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||$4,000.00 per year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
Students need the original of the Postgraduate Diploma. The institution which has issued the diploma must be recognised by the Council of Higher Education in Turkey. The student is responsible for making sure that the institution is recognised in Turkey. For that the student can apply for the recognition in the Ministry of Education of the Turkish Republic and attach the proof of recognision to the application. If the student does no apply for the recognition then Dogus University will send the institution information to the Ministry of Education of the Turkish Republic for the recognition. In case the institution will not pass the recognition the student’s registration will be cancelled.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
Graduate students accepted to a program taught in Turkish have to prove their proficiency in Turkish before they can start their academic studies.
As a result of a variety of applications and widespread usage of computers and similar information technologies, the need for research and development (R&D) engineers is continuously growing in today’s industry. The aim of the program is to educate students, who upon graduation, can use theoretical and applied knowledge effectively, in areas of computer systems, computer software and computer hardware, who can monitor the developments in the world and who can be an expert and a leader in industry with emphasis on research, development and production.
Institute of Science And Technology run two postgraduate programs inside the computer engineering department: “Computer and Information Sciences Master Program” and
“Computer Engineering Master Program”. These two programs have similarities. In general, computer science discipline focus on theoretical foundations aand concepts related to computation, algorithmic methods related to knowledge representation and transnformation, software systems, computer architecture, artificial intelligence metods and their applications. On the other hand computer engineering is described to be a discipline related to analysis, design, developments, evaluation of hardware and software components that exist in computer and computer based systems. Computer engineering gives more emphasize to computer systems and also to design and development of computer based system.
Structure of the Program
Computer engineering master program offers two degrees: with thesis and without thesis.
1. Master program without thesis provides theories of computers and relased Technologies, their structures, functions and applications. There are 2 obligatory and 8 elective courses eith atotal of 30 credits and a masters Project.
2. Masters program with thesis emphisesize on research and academic studies so that students can continue Ph.D program after graduation. There are 2 obligatory and 5 elective courses of a total of 21 credits. Also there is a 6 credit master’s thesis.
Computer engineering master program is run as 2 semesters per year. The program should finish with 6 semesters or in other words in 3 years.
Areas of research
• Data Mining
• Machine Learning
• Textual Data Mining
• Natural Language Processing
• Artificial Intelligence
• Social Network Analysis
• Algorithms, Data Structures and Complexity
• Computer Architecture and Organization
• Operating Systems and Compilers
• Image Processing and Pattern Recognition
• Computer Graphics and Computer Vision
• Databases and Information Management
• Embedded Systems & Software
• Control Systems
• High-Performance Computing
• Security and Cryptography
• Software Engineering
• Computer Networks
• Web Technologies