|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Study language||combined Turkish/English|
|Tuition fee||$12,000.00 per year|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
1. Passport (personal information page)
2. Official document signifying successful completion of high school – diploma in many countries (if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated)
3. Official high school transcript national or internationally recognized test results or provisional results if not available by the time of submission.
4. English language proficiency test results if available.
5. Statement of Motivation – You will be asked to prepare an essay explaining why you want to attend Özyeğin University and what your goals are. This essay should not be longer than two pages. It can be prepared as a “Word” or “PDF” document, which you will upload. (Strong “Motivation letter” will increase your chance of getting a scholarship or even increase it)*** The soft copies of the original documents and their translated versions need to be uploaded together.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
if it is not in English or Turkish, it must be translated
English language proficiency test results if available.
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Özyeğin University Department of Mechanical Engineering was established in 2009. We have the first graduates in 2014. By 2015, reseach and education activities are conducted with 9 faculty members who are experts in the fields of energy, mechatronics and matarials. The overall scholarship rate of the department is 60%. By 2015, 54 new students can register to the mechanical engineering program.
The missions of the Department of Mechanical Engineering are to educate effective engineers and scientists with an entrepreneurial and researcher’s spirit, who are equipped with fundamental scientific and technical knowledge and ability to use modern technologies which are essential in the design and development of new theories and technologies for the realization of the devices, systems and processes needed by the society and the industry, and to conduct fundamental and applied research in collaboration with the industry and other institutions to reach new information needed by the society and essential for the design and production of advanced technological products and processes.
We offer three undergraduate tracks:
The content of these tracks are shaped and updated with the inputs from the cutting edge research done by our faculty and researchers.